Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

3 and 1 - part one

Both of the boys had birthdays recently in the last 3 months. Up until now these two precious days have been undocumented.

We will start with Nolan's since it was in April. For his birthday we had a surprise party.  It ended up being a sweet gathering of a few very dear friends and family.  We played in the backyard, munched on sandwiches and cake and celebrate Nolan's beautiful first year.    

And yes, when he woke up from his nap he was completely surprised!
One!

A little help blowing out the candle

At one, Nolan had a few words like Mama, Dada, Bubba, poop and ball.  All of which he uses sparingly except ball.  He wasn't walking quite yet, but started just a few weeks later on my birthday, May 19th. He had just had tube put in his ears and was just starting to sleep through the night again. 

Nolan, I have failed and failed at documenting your first lightning fast year, but I know that you know I love you like crazy.  You are my sweet Smush! You are so silly and so set in your ways.  You absolutely love your momma best of all and although that presents challenges its perfectly adorable too.  You love to give raspberries and have a laugh that fills my soul. When you laugh with your brother I can hardly handle it. You are a great imitator and love to copy movement, including swinging a golf club and sweeping the floor.  Pretty funny tasks since you were doing these things before you could walk.  You are my physical boy, climbing, diving, dumping with little fear or hesitation.  You have kept me awake so many nights, but those hours alone with you in a dark and quiet house have taught me more than I could have imagined. I love you my sweet boy, my light, my Smush!  

No comments:

Post a Comment