Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pilot in Training



2010 has been busy and full of new experiences for us already! Matt was off to his week of skiing and red dirt country music in Steamboat, CO last week, so G and I took the opportunity to go visit the Ortiz family in Albuquerque, NM. It was G's first time on a plane and he was excellent! I had been anxiously awaiting the flight with dreams of being booed off the plane for having the baby that wouldn't stop crying. Luckily, on the way there we were accompanied by Emily and Jamison, two expert flyers.
Although we both missed Dad enormously, it was made much easier by the company in New Mexico. Emily and I have been friends since high school but have lived apart ever since, so it is always a treat when we get to spend time together. The moments when our children are playing together (well as much as a 6 month old can play) are cherished. I look forward to many more trips and visits as they grow! Or if my powers of persuasion get stronger maybe they will move back to Texas one day. Wouldn't that be a treat!
It was a relaxing trip with nothing on the agenda except for good food and good friends. We had a dance party, played with Beau the boston and snuggled. I got to enjoy my all time favorite breakfast burritos twice! I am still working on a way to transport a suitcase full to Texas successfully.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: ABQ
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Push for Fun from Callie Newton on Vimeo.


The flight home was just me and G. Again, I was nervous about the flight, but hopeful that it would be similar to the first one. G fell asleep while we were boarding and slept until our drinks arrived! Oh, I was thankful! When he woke up he was delighted to see the two cute Alabama students who were sitting next to us. This was his hardest flirting session to date. He smiled and cooed between ducking his head into my shoulder. Only to repeat over and over again. They were smitten! After two successful flights it looks like we might just have a pilot in training.
It made for a memorable yet exhausting week, so as I post they rest

No comments:

Post a Comment