Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Few and Far Between

Road Trip! G is a traveling man and can now add road trip to his list. In typical G fashion, he made the trip to Grandma and Grandpa's much longer than it has ever taken before. To his defense, it was only because he needed to eat and I felt like he needed to stretch his legs or he might be permanently formed to the car seat.

It was short trip filled with nothing but relaxing with family and lots of great food! Seeing G with my dad is very emotional for me. After looking at these pictures over and over I am starting to understand why. I think I have taken for granted all of the time I have with the majority of our family that lives in town. They have seen him gradually grow from a tiny little 6 pounder to the plump 8 month old he is today. They have hardly missed a beat. With this part of my family it is different. Physical distance seperates us. They can see pictures and watch videos, but don't get to touch, to interact, to snuggle, to connect. They don't get to make a funny noise and see his reaction. It is all secondhand. Watching Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Eric engage with him is precious. These moments are few and far between. These pictures probably seem exceptionally ordinary, but I could look at them over and over again. Just a reminder to myself to slow down, soak it in and not to take it for granted.

Enjoying the Outdoors with Grandma and Grandpa


Grandpa and G





Grandma Sharing the Beauties of Lake Hills with G.


Uncle Eric and G Hanging on the Porch



Celebrating Easter a little early with confetti eggs!


No comments:

Post a Comment