Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

This moment


G,
There are so many little things that I want to remember about you at this moment. At two you are so funny and continuously silly.
You make us laugh constantly.
You love to hide and to be chased.
You can turn anything into a phone or hat. Most of the time you are calling Nonnie.
You repeat things you hear in the exact context you heard them, making you sound so old and enlightened. Just today you asked me to "Hold On" like I am sure you hear everyday. Luckily, it was in a sweet and patient tone.
You love cooking with me, sitting on the counter and tasting everything as it goes in, yes everything, even things like peppers and raw flour. You add commentary like "Mix, Mix, Mix" and have the sweetest accent when you say cookin.
You have started to really play pretend with your toys. I love how the characters are often sweet to each other. I even caught you having the big bad wolf and a little pig kiss the other day. Such a tender heart you have G. There is always a daddy in your cast of characters. You even had me make a daddy snake out of play dough today. Yes, you LOVE your daddy.
I love how you say thank you. So many mornings I hand you your milk and you say "Thank you so much mommy". It warms my heart I pray that you are always truly grateful.
You still love your bed and naps.
You say prayers.
You adore Mickey Mouse and Elmo.
You love trucks. We have even hit the truck trifecta and seen the garbage truck, recycle truck and mail man in one day!
You break out in song randomly when in the tub, car or just while playing. Today you even made up your own song "Tinkle, Tinkle, Little Boy" of course, to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.
You love people and bring up names of people you love randomly everyday.
You can really wing the ball and love playing catch with your dad. Swinging the golf club is a close second to baseball. You have several toys that you turn into golf clubs when we are playing inside.
You are incredibly smart. You talk in almost all broken sentence, can count to 14 and can count backwards from 10. You know all of your basic colors and shapes. You can sing the alphabet and can identify all uppercase letters. You often call out letters you see on the sides of buildings like IKEA. You can do puzzles SO well. You know more animals than I can count. You can "read" a dozen books because we have read them so many times you have them memorized. You know how old you are and what state we live in.
You light up a room. I know that sounds corny, but I have witnessed it so many times. You sweet smile and cheerfulness really make people happy.
Your mommy adores your soul. Completely. 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment