Pages

Monday, May 09, 2011

It's a Boy!

Thursday, April 28th we welcomed our son, Nolan James, into the world! He was a day late according to his estimated due date but his arrival was a sweet testimony to the Lord's perfect timing.
Leading up to his birth I had become a ball of anxiety. This pregnancy was so different from G's and I was having a hard time putting all of the signs of labor into place with the fact that I wasn't actually going into labor. After having G a week and a half early, watching my due date come and go was something I didn't think I would see happen. But it did. And the anxiety grew.
We had a doctor's appointment scheduled for Thursday morning and would have to decide if and when the right time to induce might be. For me this just meant more anxiety. Early Thursday morning I was lying in bed, holding on to my sleeping hubby and praying. It was all I knew to do. I felt incapable of making a decision, the anxiety was rising and my discomfort was growing, so I prayed. And prayed. And in the middle of all that praying my body was growing increasing more uncomfortable in the position I was in. When I went to roll over my water broke.
What sweet, sweet timing, right?!
It was about 4:50 am, so I woke Matt, made the phone calls to get G taken care of and to the hospital we went.
That afternoon we welcomed another sweet baby boy to our family.



Nolan James
April 28th
8 pounds, 8 ounces
21 inches

Nolan,
With your arrival we have fallen head over heels again. You have already taught us that our capacity to love is greater that we could have imagined. When I hold you and your brother I know the meaning of my cup runneth over. We are so happy that you are here.
Momma

1 comment:

  1. Making me cry joyful tears for you! Snuggle those boys...

    ReplyDelete