Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Last week...

It seems like it took forever but last week the Smush finally lost that oogey little umbilical cord stump. And you know what that means! He got to enjoy a real bath! The kind where a good portion of your body is fully submerged in warm soothing water. No more one body part at a time, freezing and uncomfortable sponge baths for this guy. Those are a thing of the past.

One of the only new things Smush has is his sweet little fishy wash cloth. It keeps him perfectly warm and looking incredibly cute. Or at least his completely unbiased mother thinks so!



The bath and several since then have been a hit! It's amazing how much more enjoyable it is when you can actually get in the water.

Last week was also my birthday. My 30th Birthday. I thought 30 might make more of an impact, but instead it felt mostly like a normal day. It felt normal because the boys still pooped. I was hoping for a poop free day, but alas there were still diapers to be changed. It was not normal in the fact that friends called and text all day long, a few even brought flowers, and Matt spoiled me all day long. I guess I thought I would spend the day reflecting and get really introspective about time and what not, but it just didn't happen. I woke up with the same stray gray hairs and wrinkles I had when I was 29 and no deep, meaningful thoughts about turning 30.

Maybe that will happen at the 40th birthday?

What I did do was love on my babies, make myself Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Sheet Cake (which you should go do now), enjoyed a sushi dinner date with my husband and went to bed feeling full. Full of love and of an everyday not so glamorous but exactly what I have always wanted and couldn't ask for one thing more life. Mostly due to the love and belonging I feel with these three boys!



Okay, I did it. I got a little mushy. It happens! Speaking of mushy, G actually told me "Night, Night mommy. Love you" as I laid him in bed that night. He has said all of these things before but saying them all in conjunction, right when I was laying him down, my heart melt! Such a sweet gift!

Nolan on the other hand was quite shocked when he heard I was 30! Sweet boy told me I didn't look a day over 25.




Love these boys!
Side Note: Start wiping G's face better. He has food on his cheeks and chin in every shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment