Pages

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Wake-Up Little Guy

I know I have a lot to catch up on Thanksgiving, but I only have a minute and just wanted to share one thing I absolutely love about my little fig (of course there are thousands more).
He wakes up just like his mom!
That is usually I hear him in his room wiggling or running his foot down the side of his crib. I turn on the video monitor and can see that he is awake, but just relaxing and tossing around. This goes on for 10 to 15 minutes.
Some days he will getup and start waking around the crib, so I go in to get him. When I go into his room I sit in the rocker near his bed and we chat. He points out his animal picture and a ball he would like to play with or a book he wants to read, while I ask him about his dreams and if he rested well. He is in no hurry to actually be removed from his crib. He will actually walk to the other side of his crib if I hold my hands out too early.
But some days like this morning, he goes right back to sleep. Almost like, I thought I was ready, but really I could use another 15 minutes.
On either occassion, as soon as I pick him up he tucks he head into my shoulder for a quick snuggle.
I just love him! I love how I get to see his personality develop in little ways. Since he is way past those sleepy baby picture age I will leave you with a reminder of this time last year...

No comments:

Post a Comment